Reporting alcohol advertising
The AGM bases its findings on the Recommendation on advertising for alcoholic and low-alcohol beverages and the Swedish Alcohol Act. Alcohol advertising must be moderate and balanced. Before reporting an advertisement, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the choice of place (media) moderate?
- Is the content moderate?
- Is the design moderate?
- How does the marketing come across?
- Do the text and images provide factual information?
Alcohol advertising must not :
Be intrusive or solicit
- Is the location or design of the advertisement intrusive and does it solicit?
- Is alcohol shown in unsuitable places, for example, in workplaces, when driving or during pregnancy?
Target or portray children or youth
- Do the images portray people under the age of 25?
- Does the advertisement location or context mainly attract young people?
How do I make a complaint?
Your complaint must state:
- The regulations you consider the advertisement to contravene
- The company behind the advertisement
- Where you saw the advertisement
- A copy, link or photo of the advertisement
- Your contact details* (name, address, email and telephone number).
*Your contact details are required for our investigation and in order for us to inform you of our findings. They will not be used in any processes or public statements.